Monday, October 1, 2012

Italy-Florence

Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore
Seafood risotto
My 2nd happiest meal of the trip

Not much photos for Florence because I basically only had one day for sightseeing and photos were not allowed for two museums I visited. The Uffizi gallery was quite nice, though not as impressive as the one I went in Vienna. The other is the Academia, which houses Michelangelo's famed 'David'. The only thing worth seeing there is basically just David. And for that one look, it cost 11euros plus 90 minutes of queuing. To me, I was quite willing to part with the money. After all, I have already came all the way, might as well just have a glance. However, to those who have no interest in the arts at all, I would say skip all the museums. You'd be better off spending the entrance fee elsewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment