Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Paris Baguette



Paris Baguette, a chain bakery from Korea, recently opened a branch at Wisma.

I intended to only take a peek at their assortments, but their bottles of pudding on display stopped me in my tracks. If you don't know already, I have an obsession with puddings, so how can I not try those delightful little bottles!

There was 3 flavours available, original, mango and berry. I only bought the originals to test how good they were, and I am glad I got them! It's a creamy type of pudding, so the pudding just melts in the mouth leaving a milky fragrance on the tongue. The combination with caramel at the bottom of the bottle is a perfect match. Next time I will try the other two flavours!

Being a bakery, of course they had other stuff. There was quite a wide range of bread and sandwiches. I wasn't that interested in them, maybe next time. The cakes, however, had a much smaller range, roughly about 5-6 kinds. I picked up two to try, strawberry crepe cake and marron mont blanc. 

The mont blanc was quite amazing. It has a lot more layers inside then others I have tried, hence a burst of surprise in taste when I dug into the cake. There was a slight tint of mint in the chestnut cream, beneath are layers of light cream with chestnut bits, yuzu jam, and a chocolate mint nougat thingy.

The crepe cake had layers of sponge cake and strawberries in it. The raspberry atop the cake was stuffed with jam, a pleasant surprise.

I am quite pleased with Paris Baguette so far =)



1 comment:

  1. omg I just had this a few days ago and i looooooooove it omg omg the food there is sooo pretty and yummy

    ReplyDelete