Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Italy-Venice

Welcome to Venice!




Luxurious gondolas

Beautifully crafted venetian masks
Miniature glass art!

Venice! 
I always hear people saying how beautiful Venice is, now I finally get to see it for myself. 
Well, upon first glance, it is beautiful, but it really isn't much after a while. There wasn't much sightseeing either, I pretty much finished Venice in a day. At this point I was already quite sick of visiting museums and random churches so I didn't bother. Didn't take a boat ride either because those gondolas cost a bomb to ride on, though they look really nice! 

I was more interested in the tons of shops selling either venetian masks or murano glass crafts. That whole miniature orchestra is really pretty to look at. Each figure measures less than a thumb's length and is quite detailed. There was also a chess set but I couldn't get a good photo of it behind the window. These things cost a bomb too! A photo is just good enough for keepsake.


That pretty much wraps up my whole trip. Pity I couldn't make a trip to Pisa to view the leaning tower, making my visit to Italy incomplete. Overall, I still enjoyed my trip and had a pretty good time =)


No comments:

Post a Comment