Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Italy-Rome

Second stop, Rome.

If you're wondering, yes, this is an escalator.
The colosseum

The Roman Forum & Palatine Hills


View of town area over Palatine Hill
The Vatican





Top view of front area of Vatican
Backyard of Vatican, restricted area 
Stairway of the Vatican Museum
The Last Judgement
The Trevi Fountain
Amazing bakery that sells really good pastries

Why a photo of an escalator?
Not that I want to complain, but the metro stations of Italy is not what I would call friendly for the disabled, elderly and people with heavy luggages, like me. That long flight of steps you see is the only exit of the metro, and it wasn't working the day I arrived there!! What a stroke of bad luck! There was no lift around, as with most of the metro stations, but at least the others only had a short flight of stairs. Thank goodness halfway through the climb, some kind fellow helped me! There is some good in this world after all!

The colosseum, vatican, sistine chapel, famous tourist spots of Rome, and definitely tourist infested! It's not obvious in my photos as I try to avoid capturing human heads as much as I can, but there was a sea of people in every spot! And one thing which I don't understand why it always happens to me, almost all the sites that I visit are under renovation at certain parts. So every time I take a photograph, I have to avoid the ugly parts with all the scaffoldings. It happened when I was in Vienna last year too!

Pastries and baked goods in Italy is really good!
How I wished I had the stomach to try everything in the shop.
Though it's not exactly cheap, but I'd gladly pay the price for such quality.
I'm already missing the fabulous choux creams I had there!

1 comment:

  1. How to play roulette with money - Dr.MCD
    Roulette for beginners can 제주 출장안마 be addictive. 충청남도 출장샵 But, when 서귀포 출장마사지 it 하남 출장안마 comes to roulette, it's always a good option. How do 용인 출장샵 you play roulette without losing?

    ReplyDelete