Sunday, March 18, 2012

Overrated

Tartelette fraises from Paul, a new atas french bakery that opened in Ngee Ann City, next to Kinokuniya. Every time I pass by, the aroma of freshly baked bread is just enticing! Finally, I succumbed to temptations and decided to try out a few of their desserts from the take-out counter. Other than this strawberry tart, I also got a chocolate cake, peach tart and quiche. I quite liked the quiche and strawberry tart! The strawberries were sweet and that was not due to the glacing. The chocolate cake was nothing special though, and the peach tart was disappointing! I had no idea what it was actually until I ate it. Apparently Paul doesn't put much labels in the display counter and the staff had trouble hearing me over the noise so I gave up asking. About this tart, it has a flaky crust with peach pieces and custard stuffed in between. I'm not sure if it is a pie or a tart, and I think the fruit pieces should be peach, because I really couldn't taste it. It was just pure sourness. Totally overwhelmed the custard, my face crumpled at the first bite. The crust was not as soft and flaky as it looked, it was quite hard in fact. Seems like reviews for Paul are not that fantastic either. Next time I shall just breathe in the free smells when I pass by.



No comments:

Post a Comment