Sunday, March 18, 2012

Idiots on the road

Today, my family went to I12 Katong for tea and we were retrieving our car in the carpark. As we used the free valet parking service, when we collected our car (we were early) it was not yet parked into a slot but was parked on the side of the lane while waiting for a slot to be available. So we got into the car, my sister-in-law took the wheel and started adjusting her seat and fastening seat belt. She had not even started the car engine when a certain super impatient driver turning out from her parking slot starting horning at us because our car was in the way. While my sister-in-law started engine and moved the car forward a'lil bit slowly (she just got her license 2 weeks ago), the impatient driver just keep horning and stared at us with a sulky face. What's her problem? Why can't she just wait for a couple of minutes to let us move the car out? It's not like we intentionally stopped there to block her way! In any case, she was behind us, and just as my sister-in-law barely started filtering to the right side of the lane (there was a row of cars stopped on the left side) the driver just sped up and overtook us! My sister-in-law had to hit the brakes to not hit her car! I got so furious I sounded the horn at her, and I believe I caught a glimpse of her pointing her finger. What's her ******* problem! Is she so blind to not see the p-plate on the car window? Can't she just wait a couple of minutes and give way to a p-plate driver? If she had not escaped so quickly I would have gotten off the car to give her a piece of my mind.


Although my driving experience in Singapore has not been long, barely 4 years, I have came across countless rude and impatient drivers on the road. Who gives a damn to the Courtesy Movement?
When you signal to filter either left or right, most cars speed up rather than give way, especially taxis! Taxis never, never, ever give way! On the expressway where speed limit is 90km/h, there would be some cars who would follow really closely behind to force you to go faster, in the case where you continue at 90km/h, they would overtake and speed off at like 110-120km/h. Some ridiculous drivers would even horn at you to make you go over the speed limit!
Most Singaporean drivers are just plain selfish, impatient and behave as if a few minutes of delay would cause them a big loss in their lives. And when they are the ones causing delay to others, they don't think there's anything wrong with it! It always pisses me off when I come across such horrible drivers. Blah.


No comments:

Post a Comment