Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pika Pika

The Legendary Mandarin Chicken Rice

Is what I had for lunch.
My dad always told me stories of the most expensive chicken rice he ate over 10 years ago. Today he brought me to Mandarin Orchard to try it. He said it's something to experience once in a lifetime, of course, for him this is the second time.

And so enters the legendary chicken rice *insert golden beams*
It comes in a set which includes a bowl of chicken rice, dish of chicken with some veges and a bowl of clear soup. I must say, it is a very delicious chicken rice. The chicken meat is very tender and doesn't have any nasty smell/taste that sometimes meat dishes have. Best of all...no bones!!! Just clean, lean meat with skin attached but easily removed. But still, there are chicken rice restaurants out there comparable to this. I think the only thing that is legendary about it is the price. $24 for a set. Very beautiful numbers.
My dad tried out Mandarin Lobster Laksa, which is also a signature favourite. The only thing I liked about it was the lobster meat in it, which is probably why it's priced at $32. I'd rather have katong laksa at $3.50 a bowl, which I find more flavorful.
My favourite dish there, is the dessert. Sticky toffee pudding!! (yes i'm a pudding freak) $11 for something that's about the size of a fist, but worth every bit! It's the softest, most moist, pleasantly sweet pudding that I've ever tasted. And it's quite rare to find sticky toffee pudding in singapore, hence whenever I spot it in the menu I'll definitely order it. The pudding totally made my day!
Verdict: I definitely won't mind going back again for the pudding, but not anything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment