Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Arteastiq at Mandarin Gallery



Visited the Arteastiq Tea Lounge on Monday. 
It was very packed and the queue never ended for the whole time my friends and I were there.
Next to the tea lounge is a space which they provide canvas and paint for people to paint, at a fee of course. I find it to be quite a interesting concept, and there is a surge of such concept cafes around SG recently. For people who just want to try their hands at painting, this is a good solution that doesn't cost too much.

Anyway, the interior of the lounge was nice. Sadly, I didn't get to sit in the sofa area.
Was seated under a large white lantern-like lamp. Their table and chairs were quite assorted, like random mix-and-match, but in a way, artistic. 


They had a tea set for 2 at $48, which includes a choice of tea, and a platter of smoked salmon, crabmeat salad, smoked turkey ham, spicy top shell salad, a crispy prata wrap and either a orange or apple cake. The portion was tiny! Quite pricey for such a small serving. Not to mention taste is not fantastic. What they served was really simple food, not much cooking involved. Think I would stick to scones and sandwiches for hi-tea.


Their tea is quite nice. I had a oolong tea with lychee gelato. The gelato was good.
And I liked the wooden tray which they served it in.
They have really nice china crockery for the other tea selections.
Though I doubt I will ever go back again.


No comments:

Post a Comment