Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wish I could erase it

I remember when I was young, the television used to air an anime called Ranma1/2. Sadly, I never got to know the ending as it was never completely aired. I guess the series was a tad too long, running at 161 episodes, 13 ovas and 2 feature films!
Anyways, what brought me onto this topic was because I saw a live-action adaption of Ranma1/2 and decided to give it a try. After 10mins into the show I just had to pull out. Now the horrible image is stuck in my head. I guess it was a bad decision to adapt it into a live-action. There seems to be a rise on the adaptation of manga/anime into live-action. I don't mind them if they're good, but there seem to be more bad ones than good. Are scriptwriters dying out? What happened to originality? Well, at least think twice when choosing a successful manga/anime to adapt, not all are suitable. Imagine a live-action One Piece or FMA, I'd sooner knock myself out then to watch it.
I have my doubts regarding the upcoming Rurouni Kenshin live-action movie, the trailer looks really promising though. Hope that they won't screw up another classic.



No comments:

Post a Comment