Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ahh the potency of durians. My box of butter cookies tasted like durians after being neighbours with a sealed up box of durians for two nights. In fact, everything else in the fridge smell of durians now.

Update on the progress of my dead macbook pro. Apple is a sucker for money!! Gosh, they really do rip people off. The service center quoted me a whopping $980 for replacement of logic board. On top of that there's a $120+7% GST consultation charge.

I then went Sim Lim Square to try my luck, and a repair shop quoted me $160 for repair of small parts of the logic board, no extra charges whatsoever. See the difference!!!

I should be getting it back in a couple of days. Oh I can't wait to get it back! I feel so helpless without it...there's a dozen loads of things I need to check but all the links are in the mac. I can't use photoshop, which equates to another dozen of tasks I cannot complete. Thank goodness my data is not affected!



No comments:

Post a Comment