Friday, September 23, 2011

Vienna/Prague

Report of my Vienna/Prague trip!

Schoenbrunn Palace
Luxurious interior, but no photos allowed, so only this.

The trees are square!

Backyard of palace. Had to climb a steep hill under the
hot sun which my brother was lazy and refused to climb.

Sisi Museum

A very, very small part of the candlesticks collection of the royal family.

Horse carriages!
I think they were the main reason for the pungent smell in the air.

Kunsthistorisches Museum.
Said to be the best museum of fine arts in Europe.
I do quite agree. Their collection is so huge that I spent 5 whole hrs inside, and that's with me rushing through half of the collection because I was too tired and hungry. Moreover, part of their collection was closed. Such a waste that I didn't get to see it.

Ceiling of the main staircase.
That fresco at the top has some of the greatest painters depicted in it,
eg. Raphael, Rembrandt and Durer.

Cupola Hall

Some random cat/dog mascot on the road







Cathedrals in Vienna is equivalent to shrines in Japan.
They are everywhere!

Hundertwasser house

Memorial held for the hockey players who died in plane crash.

Astronomical clock of Old Town Square tower at Prague

Prague castle in the faraway

The old gentlemen is using a pair of whisks and a washboard as instruments!
They call themselves "The Bridge Band"



Super, super, long escalator at the subway.
It's quite scary to look down when you're on it =P


Peacocks! In a public park. They look like males,
but they don't have fancy tails, so I really don't know.

Apple trees, pear trees and cherry trees in the same park!

Donguri ippai~

I got a little too excited and picked up quite a bit of donguris =D

A bright furry caterpillar I spotted amongst the grass. I was stalking it with my camera for some time, then some kids and their mum came over to look. The mum took a photo of it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment