Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Colors

Sakura macarons!
Don't they look pretty, and delicious too.
Because of this photo, I had a sudden craving for macarons, though I'd only tried it once before at Bakerzin and don't recall what's the exact taste other then it being really sweet. So I passed by Canele and bought a box. Their display case of macarons looked really nice and colorful =) Strangely, any display of a series of colorful items just makes it so pleasing.

Here's the box from Canele. The gaping hole of 2 missing macarons in the corner is a result of me gulping them down before realizing I should take a photo first. Didn't taste as good as I expected...a few were okay, but the rest were just sickeningly sweet. I think the one I ate at Bakerzin had a slightly crispier shell, while these batch became really soft and mushy after just minutes out of the fridge. I'm not really sure what a good macaron should taste like, but i definitely didn't like what I ate. Guess I'll never eat macarons again in sg.


No comments:

Post a Comment