Friday, March 25, 2011

Screws and Nuts

I usually tend to avoid depressing and angsty stuff, cause they make me fall into a self-loathing and world-hating state. For this once, I couldn't stop myself from watching a particular anime as disheartening as it was. The whole story was told in a really confusing manner and full of mystery, with bits of the answer revealed each episode, hence I didn't understand what was going on up till the very last part. That's partly why I continued watching for I hate having questions left unanswered. Seriously, I can't help but sigh for this anime. From episode one right up till the end, all the characters die off one by one. And not just side characters, important ones even! Just when I was getting to like a particular character, he dies, in a somewhat tragic way =_= Then, when it was finally revealed in the end that there was a choice of world destruction or not, I was so convinced, so convinced that this story will definitely end in a tragic way with everyone dying and the world to be restarted on a new level, because up till now only sad events have been happening and they all hinted towards a certain desolate ending. But no! The producers just had to force in a super weak reason to save the world and thus happily ever after. I cursed at that very moment. Why can't they just grant me a world destrustion ending?! Why did they have to put in this feeble ending that's not even truely a happy ending for most of the characters still remain dead and even more were killed at the end?! This was the first time that I seriously wished for a tragic ending in a show, and they had to cheat my feelings......blah...I'm so disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment